Thursday 14 April 2016

Weekly Blog Project - using a delightful "Dinkie."

Hi.

Beautiful April - Spring is my favourite time of the year.  I love all the awakening of nature - which helped to inspire my card project.
Using a single Dinkie Stamp from Little Claire - Dinkie Bee Flower and Little Claire's Pretty Pastels Delicate Daisy Paper Stack I have created an 8" x 8" scalloped card!

I matted and layered four of the lilac Daisy Papers onto black card 8.5cm x 8.5cm and positioned the four tiles evenly on a matt of orange card 19 cm square which I then layered onto a 19.5cm square of black.  I then created a faux stitch line around the pattern papers on each tile using my micron pen.

The centre white tile is 8cm x 8cm which I stamped using the Dinkie Bee Flower using Memento Black Ink as I have shaded with Promarkers - Tulip Yellow, Winter Berry, Orchid, Pastel Blue, Powder Blue, Pumpkin, Burnt Orange and Cool Grey 4.  I filled the tile with the image allowing sufficient room to create a faux stitched border using my micron pen.

I tied a triple bow of ribbon from the stash around the tiled paper fixed with thin adhesive tape.

I matted and layered the tile onto black, orange and black with 1/2 cm difference in the size of the layers. Stamped tile is fixed using 3D foam pads.
To embellish I have added Halo Gold Glitter to the centre of the flowers.  Glossy accents to the centre of the flowers and the bees.  Tiny adhesive crystals to the bubbles and 3 black crystals in each corner to balance up the design.

The die cut flowers are from Memory Box - I offset the black and white to add dimension and added a sticker to the centre.

Phew - and I was only playing with the one stamp and papers.  Just highlights how much can be achieved using the very versatile little Dinkie Stamps from Little Claire Designs.

Right off now to enjoy the last couple of days of my Easter Holidays........dare I mention the dreaded SATS are very much on the horizon on our return to school next week.....

My School's Moto is "Team" - Together Everyone Achieves More..... and very much so - there is no I in TEAM...........Yes I am very privileged to work in such an amazing environment......will still have the wobbles I bet on Sunday evening though!

Hope you have enjoyed my little make and perhaps I've helped to nudge an idea or two of your own.

Cheerio for now.  xxGaynor

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderfull card with this lovely stamp that I bought last weekend at Art Speciallt Stamp Event in the Netherlands. It was awesome to see all the wonderfull stamps and papers.
    Hope to see you again next year ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Gaynor, fabulous use of the stamp and or papers too, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely = great use of one stamp. Must remember this sometime less is more.

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete